The Centro Nacional de Investigadores Cardiovasculares (CNIC: the Spanish nacional cardiovascular research center) is a public foundation established by the Spanish Ministry of Health and Consumer Affairs through the Carlos III Institute of Health. The Center´s innovative financing structure includes a significant contribution from the private sector.
The CNIC is dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. The Center is located in a recently constructed building in the center of Madrid. The building has a total floor space of 23.000 m2 and is equipped with the latest scientific equipment and research-support infrastructure.
The CNIC has a joint postdoctoral position available in the laboratories of Dr. Vicente Andrés and Andrés Hidalgo in the Department of Atherothrombosis and Cardiovascular Imaging to study the mechanisms underlying the formation and progression of the atherosclerotic plaque, including the trafficking of blood cells to lesion areas at the intravascular and intraplaque interfaces, as well as microvessels of the arterial wall. Multiple genetic, pharmacological and in vivo imaging techniques will be used to address this question in murine models. The recipient groups have extensive experience both in the study of atherosclerosis and in the use of imaging techniques to study inflammatory events in live mice. In addition, the Department´s faculty includes cardiovascular clinicians, thus providing an excellent environment to tackle these questions. (LINK LINK LINK)
Candidates should possess:
• PhD in any field of Biomedical Sciences
• A strong publication record in international journals.
• Training and experience in cellular and molecular biology techniques and in vivo mouse models.
• Experience in the field of atherosclerosis and/or intravital imaging will be valued positively.
• A fluent command of spoken and written English.
The CNIC offers:
• Incorporation into a newly created and growing Research Center of international scientific relevance, within the public sector and managed by a Foundation.
• Integration into a young team, in an excellent scientific environment.
• Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies, including state-of-the-art imaging facilities.
• Significant possibilities for personal development.
• A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• Immediate incorporation.
Interested candidates should send a full CV, research interests and names and addresses of at least three referees by email, indicating the job reference in the subject field, to email@example.com
For more information, please consult our website: cnic.es
The CNIC treats all applicants and employees equally irrespective of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, creed, disability, age or political belief. Confidentiality is guaranteed throughout the selection process and all current regulations relating to the protection of personal data will be strictly adhered to.