Faculty of Life Sciences- University of Copenhagen
Thorvaldsensvej 40
DK-1871 Frederiksberg C
Denmark
Email: rlo [at] life.ku.dk
Phone: +45-35332595

Nationality Spanish
Educational Record
1994 - 1999 Studies in Chemistry, University of Seville (Spain)
2002 Master Degree in cellular and molecular biology, University of Seville (Spain)
2004 PhD in Chemistry, University of Seville (Spain)
Knowledge of languages: Fluent Spanish and English, fluent Danish (Prøve i Dansk 3), Basic knowledge of French and German

Prizes and Awards
1994 Excellence award for outstanding academical records in pre-University studies
1999 Excellence award for outstanding academical records during the bachelor education
2004 Excellence Award to the best PhD thesis on the field of Biology - University of Seville (Spain)

Past and recent positions held
1998 - 1999 Student helper, Department of Vegetal Biochemistry and Molecular Biology University of Seville, (Spain)
1999 - 2004 PhD student, University of Seville (Spain) and IBVF (Spanish National Research Council-University of Seville).
2004 Research Assistant, Plant Physiology and Anatomy Laboratory, KVL, Denmark (1/2-30/4)
Research Assistant, IBVF, Seville, Spain (1/5-15/7)
Research assistant, Department of Plant Biology, KVL, Denmark (1/10-30/11)
2004 - 2005 Invited researcher, Research School for Biotechnology (FOBI), KVL, Denmark (1/12-31/1)
2005 - 2008 Post-Doctoral fellow, Department of Plant Biology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, within the EC Marie Curie RTN "Flippases".
2008 - 2009 Post-Doctoral fellow, Centre for Membrane Pumps in Cells and Disease-PUMPKIN, Danish National Research Foundation, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
1/2/2009- Associate Professor, Centre for Membrane Pumps in Cells and Disease-PUMPKIN, Danish National Research Foundation, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.

Grants and fellowships awarded
1999 Introduction to Research Grant, IBVF, Seville (Spain), awarded by the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC)
1999 - 2000 Collaboration grant, University of Seville (Spain), awarded by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MEC)
2000 - 2003 Predoctoral Fellowship, University of Seville (Spain), awarded by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports (MECD)

Research experience
In the last five years, I have been involved in elucidation of the physiological role of plant P4-ATPases (Flippases). During this time I focussed in a whole toolbox has been developed for this work, including new optimized protocols for functional and cellular characterization of these pumps. At the present moment, I am interested in the factors that regulate P4-ATPases in multicellular organisms and their interaction with other proteins and I am using the strong biochemical background achieved during my time as a PhD student to expand the project. My competences include Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Plant Biology, Microscopy (Electron, light, fluorescent and Confocal Laser Scanning) and Cell Biology.

International relations
During my PhD I made short stays in international labs at Biozentrum Universität Wien (Austria) and KVL (Denmark). During my Post-doc period in the EC RTN "Flippases", I have developed strong collaborations with several oustanding european groups in the field of flippases. Currently, seven collaborative works with groups in Europe and the USA are active.

Other relevant information concerning management
In May 2009, I complete an intensive course in Laboratory management organized by the European Molecular Biology Organization entitled "The Art of Leadership" (31.5 training hours), in which the basics of running a scientific work group were dealt with in a problem-based manner.

Supervision and Teaching
2 graduated Bachelor students, 1 graduated PhD student, 1 graduated Master student. Currently supervising 2 Post-docs,1 PhD student, 1 Master student, 1 Lab Trainee.
2002-2004 Food Biochemistry, University of Seville (80 hours/year)
From 2005 "Heterologous expression", Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen (25 hours/year til 2007. From 2008, 50h/year)
August 2006 2-day Practical course for PhD students and Post-Doctoral fellows within the EC Marie Curie RTN "Flippases"
From 2007 Molecular Plant Biochemistry and physiology, Department of Plant Biology, LIFE - University of Copenhagen.(3h/year)
From 2009 PhD students course "Advances in Plant Biology", Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen. (1h/year)
Juny 2009 "Experimental Molecular Biology", lab supervisor for a group of five students

Other relevant information concerning teaching
During the school year 2007/2008, I completed a pedagogic course for assistant professors at Danmarks Pædagogiske Universitet (DPU), in order to improve the quality of my teaching skills. The overall aim of the program was to develop the assistant professors’ competency to plan, run and evaluate university teaching in a way that will allow them to communicate their subject knowledge and to interact with and facilitate students in order to stimulate their study activities and learning processes in effective ways. A positive evaluation of my attitude and capabilities as a teacher was emitted by my supervisors.

Meetings and courses organized
February 2005 Two-day practical PhD course: "Heterologous expression and purification of thermophilic membrane proteins expressed in yeast", held at KVL, Denmark, and financed by FOBI.
August 2006 Main organizer of the Annual and Mid-term meeting of the EC Marie Curie RTN "Flippases", Copenhagen (Denmark).
August 2006 Organizer and co-ordinator of the two-day practical course "Characterization of P-type pumps purified from heterologous expression systems", within the training activities of the EC Marie Curie RTN "Flippases", Copenhagen (Denmark).

Contributions to Congresses and Meetings
35, including 7 invited talks in International meetings.

Professional Affiliations
Member of the Spanish Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Member of the Marie Curie Fellows Association

Kate88
Jan 9, 13, 06:28
Well lipids are very important structures in organic chemistry, I am posting some material for further reading

in.docsity.com/en-docs/Lipids_-_Organic_Chemistry_of_Biologic al_Molecules_-_Solved_Exam_