PDA

View Full Version : CV, osteoporosis, disabilities, publications

yannis
Sep 10, 10, 06:50
Research Team
Laboratory for Research of the Musculoskeletal System, University of Athens, Kifissia, Greece

Research
Osteoporosis in populations with disabilities, osteoporosis, exercise, medication with parathyroid hormone, spinal orthoses, jumping mechanography, falls in the elderly, rehabilitation fractures, body composition measurements, peripheral quantitative computed tomography, quantitative ultrasound

Publications in international journals
Full papers (pubmed):
1. Dionyssiotis Y. Management of osteoporotic vertebral fractures. Int Journal General Medicine. IJGM 2010. Jun 3:167-171
2. Dionyssiotis Y, Paspati I, Trovas G, Galanos A, Lyritis GP. Association of physical exercise and calcium intake with bone mass measured by quantitative ultrasound. BMC Womens Health. 2010 Apr 7; 10:12.
3. Dionyssiotis Y, Lyritis G, Papaioannou N, Papagelopoulos P, Thomaides T.The influence of the neurological level of injury muscles and fat in paraplegia Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development 2009 46 (8): 1037 -1044
4. Dionyssiotis Y, Dontas IA, Economopoulos D, Lyritis GP Rehabilitation after falls and fractures. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact. 2008 Jul-Sep; 8(3):244-50.
5. Dionyssiotis Y, Petropoulou K, Rapidi CA, Papagelopoulos P, Papaioannou N, Galanos A, Papadaki P, Lyritis GP Body composition in paraplegic men J Clin Densitom. 2008 Jul-Sep; 11(3):437-43.
6. Dionyssiotis Y, Trovas G, Galanos A, Raptou P, Papaioannou N, Papagelopoulos P, Petropoulou K, Lyritis GP Bone loss and mechanical properties of tibia in spinal cord injured men. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact. 2007 Jan-Mar; 7(1):62-8.
7. Dionisiotis J, Zoukos Y, Thomaides T Development of myasthenia gravis in two patients with multiple sclerosis following interferon beta treatment. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry.2004 Jul; 75(7):1079.
8. Trovas G, Tsekoura M, Galanos A, Dionyssiotis Y, Dontas I, Lyritis G, Papaioanou N. Quantitative ultrasound of the calcaneus in Greek women: normative data are different from the manufacturer's normal range. J Clin Densitom 2009 Jul-Sep;12(3):353-9.

Full papers (peer reviewed journals):
1. Dionyssiotis Y, Galanos A, Michas G, et al Assessment of musculoskeletal system in women with jumping mechanography. International Journal of Women’s Health 2009:1 113–118
2. Dionyssiotis Y. Functional capabilities in tetraplegic patients Indian Journal of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy 2008, 2 (4): 16-18.

Jim Richards
Oct 4, 10, 09:03
Hi Yannis

Prof Jim Richards here from University of Central Lancashire here. I run a Movement Analysis Lab here. Always looking for further collaborative links.

Jim

yannis
Oct 4, 10, 09:23
Hello Prof. Richards,

are you using jumping platforms i.e Leonardo (jumping mechanography) for measuring the objective parameters of movement?

Best regards

Yannis

Jim Richards
Oct 4, 10, 09:27
Hello Prof. Richards,

are you using jumping platforms i.e Leonardo (jumping mechanography) for measuring the objective parameters of movement?

Best regards

Yannis

Have a look at our lab pages

uclan.ac.uk/schools/sphcs/research/sphcs_research_facilities.php

and papers at

uclan.ac.uk/schools/sphcs/research/ahr/allied_papers.php

yannis
Oct 4, 10, 09:43
thank you

i will look and contact to you again

yannis
Oct 4, 10, 09:50
i am impressed,
your team published so many papers in just 2 years
do you have any trials or projects for osteoporotic women?

Jim Richards
Oct 4, 10, 10:01
We are doing some work on hip protectors but this is at a very ealy stage. It is an area we may expand upon in the future.

I have examined a few PhDs on falls also.

yannis
Nov 10, 10, 06:01
Dear Prof.

if there is anything i can do to help you in your hip protectors study
please contact me