PDA

View Full Version : Water and health

sameul
Dec 29, 09, 07:53
Water and health

Water, it is said, is the elixir of life. On an average, it makes up about 60% of your body weight. We all know the importance of drinking water for our health and wellbeing.

Water flushes poisonous toxins out of vital organs and carries nutrients to your Cells. The lack of adequate water in your body can affect the normal functions of the body organs and can lead to dehydration. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired.

But how much water do we need to drink everyday? The answer to this question can be quite tricky because the daily requirement of water differs from individual to individual. Many factors play a role in determining how much water you need to drink on a daily basis.

How much water to drink

Although there is noscientific evidence to prove this, consuming eight glasses or about 2liters of water a day is generally recommended and is said to bebeneficial for the body. Of course, some individuals may need more andsome lesser

The amount of water you consume or can consume everyday depends on various factors:

* Strenuous physical work can lead to heavy sweating and in order to keep yourself hydrated you will need to drink more water.
* The climatic conditions in which you live also determine your water intake. If you live in hot and humid weather conditions, you may need to drink more water to make up for the loss of body fluids due to excessive sweating. Living in cold weather conditions may reduce your need for water intake.
* Your health status also determines how much water you can be permitted to drink. For example, health conditions such as fever, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. leads to more fluid loss and dehydration. So you need to drink more water to keep yourself hydrated. On the other hand, heart failure, kidney disease, etc. impairs the excretion of fluid from your body. Under these conditions you have to limit your water intake.

Water during pregnancy/breastfeeding

Pregnant women and/or breastfeeding women need to consume more water to keep hydrated. During breastfeeding, your body takes up a lot of fluid. Hence there is a need to replenish it by drinking additional water or fluids. Your doctor will be able to advice you as to how much fluids you can consume depending on your current health and the climatic conditions you live in.

Other sources of water

You do not have to drink plain water alone to take care of your fluid needs. Certain foods contain plenty of water too. Fruits and vegetables such as watermelon and tomatoes contain a lot of water. Milk, juices, coffee, tea, beer, wine, etc. all contain a lot of water. But it is always better to drink plain water. It is easily available and will quench your thirst like nothing else can. What’s more—it is calorie free.

Keep yourself hydrated

It is not necessary that you have to drink water only when you feel thirsty. It is quite possible that by the time you begin to feel thirsty your body is already dehydrated to some extent. Always keep a bottle of water within reach and drink from it occasionally.
Drink water that is slightly cold or that which is stored in room temperature. When you drink water that is too cold, you tend to drink less since upon quenching your thirst you normally stop drinking. This may not really fulfill your body’s required quantity of water.
So by taking water that is at room temperature you may drink a couple of glasses more which can be very beneficial.
Here are a few tips that will help keep you hydrated. Adults must follow these tips and also encourage children to do so:

* Keep a bottle of water at your work desk or within easy reach.
* Drink a glass of water before, during and after meals. This will keep your digestive system lubricated and promote better digestion.What’s more you may also eat less which will keep you from putting on weight.
* Drink water before, during and after exercise.
* Avoid alcohol. Alcohol causes dehydration.

maliacullen07
Dec 29, 09, 15:08
yeah i agree with this article. Drinking water should be our habit!...

agaimcorn
Mar 3, 10, 07:48
Drinking lots of cold water has many advantages during wieght loss. First, if you drink 1.5 to 2 L over the course of the day it will help speed up metabolism.It also help with the livers metabolizing of fats.Constipation is the result of water depravation from the colon.

mrksmth786
Jun 3, 10, 10:12
What a great post, And for me I am a big water drinking fan. I carry a water bottle everywhere I go. The few days that I don’t drink as much water as I am used to, I feel lethargic, and sometimes get headaches. Also, Water is an essential source to keep our body cool and get rid of toxic waste from our body.

thomasperraz
Sep 16, 10, 10:53
Drinking plenty of cold water burns around 9.25 calories more than drinking water that is room temperature. Drinking plenty of water has proven that drinking water enhances weight loss in overweight personnel Also it is medically proven that the higher the consumption of water, the lower the amount of fat deposited or stored in the body. Have a daily consumption of 3to 4 liters of water. Drink more water and burn more fat.

hendrypoter
Nov 18, 10, 16:19
Water and health, we know that water assists in weight loss. Water consumption of a great strategy to lose weight. It makes you feel completely satisfied. If you feel a little hungry, and not pick up the fat snacks, choose the couple glasses of water.

sophiatristin
Dec 3, 10, 08:54
Water is very good for maintain keep and fit. Take 8 glass of water in a day it is good for health health. If you don 't like plain water then take juice of any fruits, it is very good for health.

billskon777
Mar 28, 11, 00:36
I have read that at any given moment 50% of the population in the U.S. is dehydrated. I would assume that is true in other countries as well.
It is amazing to think of the impact drinking more water could have to the general health of the world. Drink up!
Skon Chiropractic, 1567 Selby Ave, Saint Paul, MN - (651)644-3900 -

Chiropractor St Paul
skonchiro.com

Corwin
Apr 7, 11, 15:45
If we use water minimum 8 glass in a day then we will save from number disease.
Good doctors always recommend to use maximum water....

mohin
Apr 8, 11, 05:24
Hello Sameul, Your post in much informative one and also the good one... I also agree with this data you have provided and the knowledge you have shared with all of us is much better, helpful and useful.... Water is the main constituent of our life and body, so we drink water in excess quantity and keep healthy and fit in very low cost way....

Dexter
Apr 8, 11, 09:44
Every one stress on the benefits of the water, because more than 70% of in
human body exist water. so take ten glass of water in a day for the healthy life.

Haydon
Jun 21, 11, 04:14
Hello friends....!
According to my point of view Water is the material cause of everything....Talking about water is talking about ourselves....Water is in fact the mirror of our conscience....!

Zedain
Dec 21, 11, 07:07
The human body, which is made up of between 55 and 75 percent water.Water is crucial to your health. It makes up, on average, 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water. Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you don't have enough water in your body to carry on normal functions.

martinabbi
Jan 16, 12, 09:29
Water makes up more than two thirds of human body weight, and without water, we would die in a few days. The human brain is made up of 95% water, blood is 82% and lungs 90%.
Water serves as a lubricant
Water forms the base for saliva
Water forms the fluids that surround the joints.
Water regulates the body temperature, as the cooling and heating ....

MikeHeath
May 3, 12, 07:29
This is exactly what i was looking for thank you for sharing such useful information with us here on this blog post of yours. It is really very interesting and inspirational.

denson
May 24, 12, 08:39
Water is not a simple word because it is the word on which our life is depends. Without this, you cannot imagine the life. If the intensity of the calcium is very high in the water, then it is very hazardous for our health. It cannot only dangerous for your health, but it can also affect your home appliances.